1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Texas church

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Nov 5, 2017.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Ugh. Last I heard was 15. Just terrible.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Damn.
    I was hoping this was an old thread revived somehow, because there have been so many shootings I can't remember all of them.
    Just terrible indeed.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers.

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't know how to articulate this thought without seeming offensive, but am I the only one who thinks prayers for victims shot to death in a church seem even hollower than usual? They were praying when they got shot. Prayers aren't going to save them. All the prayers in the world aren't going to stop bullets.

I just don't understand why so many Americans have made this trade. It's insane.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

People on Twitter are calling this "unfathomable." It's totally fathomable. It happens all the time.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah... when your initial reaction is "wait, is this a new one?" it's not exactly unfathomable.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

This stuff doesn't even make a dent in my day anymore. I feel guilty but WTF there will be another one in a week or so. Plus we will be told that we shouldn't politicize it so who really cares, this is the new normal.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Three times as many as were killed as in NYC. I'm waiting for Trump to call for the shooter's immediate execution and demand that measures be taken to prevent it from happening again.

I'm not gonna hold my breath while I wait, though.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The dead shooter?

Draft saved Draft deleted