1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I started using the RoboKiller app to stop the incessant robo-calls. Costs a couple of bucks a month but it does a good job of, I guess, squashing the calls before my phone rings. Not exactly sure how it works.

I don't love talking on the phone, but I very much loathe extended text conversations.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When caller ID says Out of Area, I always pick up, because most of the time that's my daughter calling from France. Their telecom company Orange is so desperate to sell landlines, they'll give you free overseas calls when you install one.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They wrote that article without mentioning Ross' involvement in the Cypress banks who were laundering money for the Russians. I suppose that's not involved in what was hidden, but it is yet another major connection.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not a lot of meat here.
    Story refers only to "sources familiar with the investigation." For all we know, these sources are only offering their own speculation. "Sounds like grounds for indictment to me," etc.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s pretty much a nothing burger of new material. Didn’t Flynn offer to cooperate in exchange for immunity from a congressional inquiry into the matter? As didn’t they tell him thanks but no thanks? Seems worthwhile to at least mention that in the article

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Who knows who can really know, but multiple reports that as it currently stands, the tax bill doesn't have the votes to get out of committee.

I thought for sure they'd get some sort of repeal passed, but surely they can find some sort of common ground on this.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Based on what has been presented, the tax bill in its current form is a transparent giveaway to the ultra-rich and kills many in the middle class. So hopefully the current form of the bill never sees the light of day.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ryan will bring it to the floor without a committee vote if he has to.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Ryan might be our country’s biggest enemy.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My cell number is one digit off from a nearby vet so more often than not I'm not answering the phone if I don't recognize it. And I'm also getting a bunch of scams for hotel rewards so I really don't answer my phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.