1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Texas church

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Nov 5, 2017.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Last sentence is too far

outofplace, jr/shotglass and Pete like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No. I disagree. I don't think anything will change this country on this issue until the gun fetishists start suffering the actual consequences of their fetish. They've forfeited my human sympathy for them.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

A white man commited this act so yes. Yes it is

4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Come on, man. That's essentially wishing that "gun fetishists" be shot. Please, take a deep breath. You're better than this.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Nothing is ever going to change.

6. RickStain

Sure it will. But maybe not for America and maybe not in our lifetimes. This culture might be fundamentally broken

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't see how America ever gets fixed. It's just math at this point. The problems are too big and the divisions over the solutions are too great.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

As terrible as it sounds in terms of being self-centered, perhaps the best you can do these days is just hope and pray that when it does happen, it doesn't happen near you or anyone you love.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Osteen's sermon today -- sometimes I watch him incredulously; he's a mesmerizer -- was about bitterness and how to get past it, because it's not about here because God has already moved onto there.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Didn't after 20 first graders were slaughtered. That cemented it

12. RickStain

We don't need random social media reports of political allegiances which almost always turn out to be misinformation

melock and Donny in his element like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted