1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think they told him no thanks because they already had enough documented evidence that they didn't need to give him something. They probably thought that they could pressure him into rolling over.

It's purely speculation on my part, but if they have solidly documented evidence on his son I bet he'd flip like a circus acrobat.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My wife and I have been trying to adopt for the last year-plus. We refinanced our house to help cover the $20,000 or so cost. We've put ourselves out there. Our home, finances and health have been scrutinized. We were among thousands affected by the largest adoption agency in the country declaring bankruptcy. We lost $15,000 as a result. We're trying again hoping to get some money back by declaring a loss. But one of the major benefits for us was an adoption tax credit that would help us cover costs as well. The current plan would end the credit. Fuck this Congress.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that. There are so many awful things in this bill that are slowly being uncovered. Hopefully for your sake and millions of others, it won't pass.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

The idiocy ticker is moving so fast we haven't even dicussed his ridiculous samurai comments.

HanSenSE, Inky_Wretch and Jake_Taylor like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Holy shit. If this goes right, Saudi Arabia's power is consolidated. If it does not, if the old guard can fight effectively, the country may blow apart into civil war.

Note the Kushner connection at the end of the article. That's more than a little scary all by itself.

Opinion | The Saudi crown prince just made a very risky power play

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Imagine being stupid enough to take advice from Jared Kushner. I wouldn't buy any green bananas if I were this Saudi wannabe tyrant.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To change the subject, apparently Ron Paul was pretty severely hurt (multiple broken ribs) in that assault in his home yesterday. The perp was a neighbor. I haven't read anything about the beef. Personal? Ideological? What?

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Obviously, when Trump finds out about Toyota plants in Mississippi, Texas, Kentucky, etc., he’ll take credit for that.

11. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Rand.

melock likes this.
  12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

The only details I read were that Paul was riding his mower, got off, and was tackled from behind. So a neighbor dispute? A US Senator who cuts his own grass, that's a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.