1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

HC and Donny in his element like this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
  4. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I flipped off the presidential motorcade as it passed in front of my building around 8:15 am few weeks ago when he was in town to address the UN. I had no idea my job was in jeopardy over it.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rand Paul story continues to intrigue me. US Senator has the crap beaten out of him in sneak attack by his neighbor, a wealthy doctor. Either the doctor was really pissed off about Obamacare, or it's something personal. If the latter, what?

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It was Reagan who wore a brown suit. But he got a pass because he was from California.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Michael_ Gee

Cotton's main interest is in starting a war with Iran. That's not liable to be popular should it come to pass.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

His main interest is being POTUS. His saber-rattling is part of the grand scheme to get on TV as a foreign policy expert and hawk.

11. Michael_ Gee

He also has the Ted Cruz "unlikable shit and people can tell at first glance" problem. But mostly, he's boxed in if the White House is his goal. If Trump is repudiated in 2020, a Trump wannabe will not likely be the GOP nominee in 2024. And if Trump is re-elected, Pence would likely be the heir apparent in 2024.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Russian lawyer: Trump Jr. suggested review of sanctions law in Trump Tower meeting - CNNPolitics

The Senate Intel committee has talked to at least two of the Russians now. It looks like the committee plans to talk to everyone else who was in that Trump Tower meeting before they bring Junior back in. If he brought up sanction relief as something that the administration could do in return for getting the Russian dirt on Hillary, that's pretty much the definition of collusion, isn't it?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.