1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The untold story in all of these cases are those actors or actresses who actually confronted harassers and were never heard from again or go from big movies to supporting TV roles. There is a reason even established actors don't blow the whistle.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The pedophilia allegations put a new light on the many child actor stars who went on to suffer serious addiction/mental health issues. Traditionally, the story has been that they "couldn't handle fame and fortune," but it's becoming apparent that many of them probably experienced issues related to sexual predators.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I was just talking to some friends out there about this stuff—they are in the industry—and they said this is just the beginning and some seriously dank shit is about to surface, or it should. The whole "fame and fortune" excuse for the clearly damaged behaviour of former child actors is about to look really dumb, like some serious cultural blindness in retrospect. I mean, everyone knew that the casting couch phenomenon applied to women, unfortunately, but I don't think we realized that it might also apply to kids and probably did apply to them all too often.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

...and having parents that did not protect them.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I saw Matt Lauer interview Corey Feldman last week on "Today," and Lauer was oddly confrontational with Feldman about his claims of almost rampant pedophilia in Hollywood. In my opinion, Lauer came across really badly in that interview and sort of creepy.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not only didn't protect them, but actively put them in harm's way.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Harvey Weinstein’s Army of Spies

"Two private investigators from Black Cube, using false identities, met with the actress Rose McGowan, who eventually publicly accused Weinstein of rape, to extract information from her. One of the investigators pretended to be a women’s-rights advocate and secretly recorded at least four meetings with McGowan. The same operative, using a different false identity and implying that she had an allegation against Weinstein, met twice with a journalist to find out which women were talking to the press. In other cases, journalists directed by Weinstein or the private investigators interviewed women and reported back the details."

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the Texas shooting will put an end to the sex harassment stories. They will still come out, but our nation seems to only have the attention span of having one WORST PERSON(s) IN THE WORLD at a time. But worth noting that the texas shooter was also an abuser of women.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Have you been paying attention to what’s gone on today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.