1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As a woman named Clara Jeffery pointed out on twitter, somebody's wife could be named Flora.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Flowers don't hurt people. People hurt people.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I find it exceedingly difficult to believe a prominent doctor would physically attack a US Senator over a flower issue.

The wife-screwing theory makes infinitely more sense.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Martin's a good reporter, but attributing these things to Kentuckians is pretty vague. Is one of them Calipari? That said, a third Kentuckian was identified by Martin as saying the beef was about a strip of land leading to some pond in the gated community. Rand Paul getting super pissy about property lines? That I could see.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Senator Paul doesn’t want the case to proceed in court, we will know it was a deserved beat down. If they plead it out quickly to a minor offense, it will also be indicative that Paul doesn’t want the story covered with a close look. If this were a Democrat like Wyden or Schumer you can bet Mrs Murdoch’s prenup settlement that Fox and Friends would be on the story 3 hours a morning

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Honestly, I hope this whole thing was over leaves. #TeamLeafBlowersAreEvil

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm wondering whose lawn Rand was mowing.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

DeVos and others in the Administration with no history in the public sector seemed to take on the task as a lark, unaware and unprepared for the task at hand.
    "It wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be...."

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, my friend, but I just don't think you're cut out for this board comic type role you've been trying to play here. Your jokes just come across as such eye-rollingly hacky stuff.

Sorry again, but finally had to say it.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

How long does it take to qualify for lifetime govt retirement benefits when you work at the WH level?

I think Congresspeople only have to serve one term. Maybe only a part of a term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.