1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Texas church

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Especially if they apply to Penn State koolaid drinkers.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Because the Air Force failed to disclose the specs of his discharge as required by law, he was able to make a quick and easy purchase.

5. tapintoamerica

And had sex with underage girls whom he "married." This is the part Trumpists and other apologists for alleged Christians tend to overlook in this tale, which they spin as exclusively a tale of fedruhl government overreach.

Baron Scicluna and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

They need to treat this like the Navy collisions. Heads need to roll, all the way up the chain of command.

"The collisions led to the relief of both commanding officers and several other crew members, as well as the destroyer squadron commander, the Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group commander and the 7th Fleet Commander."

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Interesting piece in NR today about why gun-control legislation tends to face an uphill battle. The gist is even people who’re inclined to it don’t have much confidence in the government’s ability to effectively implement/enforce it. Also ... perhaps therefore ... they don’t think it’d make much of a difference.

Why Gun Control Loses

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is on the same spectrum as "criminals will get guns anyway," which has always struck me as the weirdest fucking reasoning. Some people break speed limits, but that doesn't mean we just go, "Well, no point having them, then."

TowelWaver and melock like this.
  9. tapintoamerica

The basic question I'd ask alleged Christians who love their guns is this: Do you pray for a day when both guns and the need for them disappear from the world?

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Boy, that’d stymie ‘em! You’ve cracked the case!

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Is praying for the extinction of feral hogs a Christian thing to do?

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I pray every day for the end to violence. Even on days when I’m taking my .270 to the treestand.

doctorquant likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted