1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I heard that too.
    I wouldn't mind ATF doing random checks of gun dealers and law enforcement agencies to make sure their systems for making the background checks work or doing what they're supposed to. Bar any federal money from going to law enforcement agencies or states not keeping their stuff up to date.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

President Donald Trump says stricter gun control measures might have led to additional casualties during a mass shooting at a south Texas church.

Trump says at a news conference in South Korea that, “If you did what you’re suggesting, there would have been no difference three days ago and you might not have had that very brave person who happens to have a gun or a rifle in his trunk.”

He’d been asked whether he would support “extreme vetting” for gun purchases like he’s called for for people entering the country.

Trump says if that Good Samaritan didn’t have a gun, “instead of having 26 dead, you would have had hundreds more dead.”

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

YF complains if we post something that he thinks is bullshit or if he thinks it lacks evidence. Then when we don't post something that is bullshit, he complains about that, too.

Nice of him to check in from his vacation with the usual hypocrisy.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Didn't the murderer stop shooting and try to run away before the Good Samaritan got his gun?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Selling guns domestically to terrorists is not a problem trump, conservatives and the NRA are interested in solving

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Bonjour, YF! How was the trip?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Here's a dummy (not the guy in the freeze frame):

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That's a new one. Black people benefited from slavery. How about that? I definitely missed that day in history class.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hah. He was just heading to the next church to blow away 26 more!

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I voted.

No one there when I arrived at 9 a.m. I was voter No. 74. And for the second straight year, NO STICKERS.
    Also no coffee for the poll workers in a chilly basement. Going to take them some after my walk.

Make sure you vote, even if you are on the side of evil.

OscarMadison and Webster like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Given the shooter was killing people inside the church and the Samaritan was outside the building it certainly seems so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.