1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Texas church

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Nov 5, 2017.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I've read a lot of NCIC reports. I don't recall ever seeing a conviction from a military court, although I probably have at some point and glossed over it. I suspect the problem of military convictions failing to be reported to the FBI is widespread.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Republicans in Congress: fucking bought and sold by the NRA. Gutless motherfuckers can die in a fire.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Except the NRA doesn't have that much money or really buy off folks.

This is more about right wing media that stands behind certain causes as an audience attraction and engagement strategy, the NRA being one, and districts so gerrymandered that it either produces breathtakingly lame public servants or candidates who have no wiggle room.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Note that the two issues most cited by Northam voters as important to them in exit polls were health care and guns (!!!). Voters citing guns as their primary issue split right down the middle between Northam and Gillespie. Virginia ain't Texas, but it ain't Massachusetts, either.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Defiant"?

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Yeah not the best word choice, but I know what they mean.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They may not buy anybody in cash, but they have power and they buy influence by threatening to use it.

Draft saved Draft deleted