1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, prelude to Trump's War.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Does this failed NYC mayoral candidate post here?

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Is Bo Dietl the jackass who was on a Hardee's or Carl's Jr. or some other fast food commercial?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Arby's. But, yes:

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I actually have an appreciation for Bo Dietl. He is a bullshit artist, a giant character, and probably has skeletons in a closet somewhere that would make the rest of us pass out. But there is a certain honesty to him, in that he never pretends to be anything except what he is -- which is kind of refreshing in a way. He sort of missed his time. He would have been the kind of character that fit in with the cast of Broadway dwellers that Damon Runyan wrote about.

I can post a lot of funny things about Bo. A few: I believe he was on the "Dump the Mayor Party." He also had a part in that failed HBO show Vinyl, basically playing himself. He also played the cop who arrested Henry Hill in Goodfellas. He played himself in the Wolf of Wall Street (in real life he had advised Jordan Bellfort). He has a Wednesday or Thursday night table at Rao's. ... which is an accomplishment. People hold onto those tables forever, and getting into that restaurant without one of them inviting you is impossible. There are a lot of unbelievable stories surrounding this guy (and I don't personally know what is fact or fiction).

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Ragu -- I retained his agency for something about 6-8 years ago and worked directly with him. He's a complete bullshitter of the highest proportion, a shameless name dropper, did terrible work for which we refused to pay but was one of the great storytellers that I have ever dealt with. And you don't have to exactly torture him to get him to mention his Rao's table -- it's like Rudy and 9/11.

lcjjdnh and YankeeFan like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Trump’s probably the most diligent, hardest-working president we’ve ever had in our lifetimes. It’s not like he sleeps in till noon and goes golfing every weekend, like the last president did.”

LOL

"I stopped him, informing him that, yes, Barack Obama liked to golf, but Trump in fact does golf a lot, too—more, in fact.

Del Signore was surprised to hear this.

“Does he?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

Double LOL

Johnstown Never Believed Trump Would Help. They Still Love Him Anyway.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I can't fathom how stupid one must be to utter the following sentence:

“I think he’s doing a great job, and I just wish the hell they’d leave him alone and let him do it,” Schilling said. “He shouldn’t have to take any shit from anybody.”

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

CBO scores the GOP tax reform as adding $1.7 trillion to the deficit. Trillion.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

In the early ‘90s Dietl was a regular on Imus and in that time convinced me beyond doubt that he is a crude asshole and possibly a mob-tied criminal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.