1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wasn't just around here. Your guy Bannon was decreeing victory because he thought Gillespie was a swamp-drainer. Then all of a sudden, Gillespie goes belly-up and he's "Swamp Thing."
    As for hacking, your people tried. They really tried. They called Latino and black voters in various parts of the state with bogus robo-calls saying that polling places had changed. This from the party of Christian values. I'm not sure which one, but I think those tactics break one of the commandments that your guy Roy Moore placed in a courthouse in violation of a federal court order.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They break federal law, too.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

For you people who don’t really understand the principles and practices of American government ... do you also practice some non-standard usage of the word “your”?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"principles and practices of American government" is code for white supremacy, right?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

MC, acknowledging the possibility that YF is lying is not the same as claiming he isn't there. I'm sorry that distinction escaped you.

YF has proven that nothing he posts should be trusted.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Bannon coming hard for McTurtleface. Says senate should vote on a majority leader after taxes get done.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Politico reporter revisits Trump voters a year later to see if they’ve changed their minds about him. Spoiler alert: They haven’t. And they won’t.

Johnstown Never Believed Trump Would Help. They Still Love Him Anyway.

“The thing that irritates me to no end is this NFL shit,” Schilling told me in her living room. “I’m about ready to go over the top with this shit. We do not watch no NFL now.” They’re Dallas Cowboys fans. “We banned ’em. We don’t watch it.”

Schilling looked at her husband, Dave McCabe, who’s 67 and a retired high school basketball coach. She nodded at me. “Tell him,” she said to McCabe, “what you said the NFL is …”

McCabe looked momentarily wary. He laughed a little. “I don’t remember saying that,” he said unconvincingly.

Schilling was having none of it. “You’re the one that told me, liar,” she said.

She looked at me.

The NFL?

“Niggers for life,” Schilling said.

“For life,” McCabe added.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You sure do love posting that word here.

melock likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Does strike me as somewhat odd. The trailer seems to go out if its way to credit the NYT and emphasize that WaPo was chasing the NYT on the story from the start.

Perhaps that was from criticism already being felt. The SCOTUS case obviously names the Times. But (and I’m fuzzy here) WaPo jumping in to continue the NYT reportnt forced SCOTUS to rule more quickly (happy to be corrected if I’m wrong).

Guessing the movie is being done this way is because of Graham’s unique place as a woman in charge of the paper and Bradlee is, well, Bradlee. And the obvious name recognition from All the President’s Men.

They’ve already got my money. Hope it’s good.

Newpaper movies! It was a long drought before Spotlight.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Very fine people there.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's a powerful anecdote.

JC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.