1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Duh.

It's land mass - not the number of people - which is most important when considering who "Real America" supports.

SnarkShark and LongTimeListener like this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Lynchburg City would be blue as well, if it weren't for Falwell basically brainwashing the entire student body to vote R. The Liberty precinct was something like 92-8 R. The rest of the city was 51-48 D.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that a Republican whose career is in the toilet hasn't gone full throttle against Trump. For Christie, Jeb, Palin and anyone else who he took down on the stage during the primaries (except sitting members of congress), why not? If it were me, I'd do it anyway because it's the right thing to do. But why isn't someone doing it for cynical political gain?

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Isn't this kind of the McCain M.O.? I mean, it's more because he's 154 years old, but still.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You mean, like Jeff Flake and Bob Corker?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump needs to lose to the Dems before his spell is broken on the party. GOP voters are still with him. And telling party faithful they need to change their ways in order to appeal to non-party people (who don't donate or aren't involved between elections) is like turning the Catholic Church over to people who only show up for Christmas and Easter services.
    Any GOPer who loses between now and 2020 will be seen as not "Trump enough." Roy Moore? "I didn't endorse him in the primary for a reason." GOP loses the House and/or the Senate? "They should have repealed Obamacare when I told them to."
    Only a Republican with power could possibly take down Trump before 2020. The problem is - as soon as you turned on him, you would lose any juice you had within the party for a simple reason, Trump ran on many of the things the GOP has been running on for eight years.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Palin's always been behind him, hasn't she? (although she did back Moore in Alabama instead of Trump's candidate)

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Kasich is doing the best job of it, but no one really knows him.

Sandwiches has the bombast and rhetorical skill to do it, but he's been such a starfucker of Trump that it would have no credibility.

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

That video should come with a warning. I think my ears are bleeding.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's always a con, you just have to wait to see it play out.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.