1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis CK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This could go on for years. Years and years of allegations toward male entertainers. In my mind, I'm trying to think of who wouldn't be suspected of it.

I am then reminded Tom Cruise somehow gets routine work, and he's the face of a cult.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Eh, a couple of years ago it wasn't that bad.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'll be really bummed about this one if it turns out to be what it seems to be.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't know that it will end his career. It might. But it's very bad. Tig Navarro finally going on the record that she felt he used her for cover, Courtney Cox and David Arquette acknowledging that they were made aware of what happened in a show they produced...

Part of what makes these things stick is when other celebs stand up and acknowledge it happened, which is why Ashley Judd was the lead in the Weinstein story, even though what happened to her isn't nearly as bad as what happened to so many others. It's much harder to attack the credibility of another famous person than it is an non-famous accuser, sadly.

Alma likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

“Louis is not going to answer any questions,” his publicist said. "His hands are full right now."

9. albert777

albert777 Active Member

Well played, sir.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

“Say Reg, that reminds me of the time that I was coaching in Omaha and Eddie Schorr sends me this guy...”
    E03A8781-6F6B-4F90-AED4-A8C72B0394AD.jpeg

Huggy and HanSenSE like this.
  11. As The Crow Flies

As The Crow Flies Active Member

So you're telling me a guy who constantly jokes about perverted things is actually a strange pervert? Shocking.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One of the comments:

why
    new york, ny 2 minutes ago

What a long article to say that Louis CK is a perv who never threatened anyone or did anything that he was not given permission to do.

He asked if he could masturbate in front of women and some said yes, some laughed and did not say no, and some said no. I do not see where he did anything but make a fool of himself.

Should I lose my lofty view of comedians as the arbiters of social norms?

He never "grabbed" anyone, unlike Donald Trump.

Louis CK is better at exposé than the Times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.