1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis CK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Doing what? It's hard to tell what exactly he did. That's my problem. I have serious issues with the comprehensiveness of the reporting.

I don't think it's "splitting hairs," and I don't think it's necessarily a defense.

The details matter.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm not in hollywood, and I have been married for two decades, but when I hear "proposition", I think of "would you like to go out?" or "would you like to spend the night at my place?", not "can I get naked and jack off in front of you?".

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Can we agree that the NYT should not have gone with No. 5, aka "Anonymous."

She says she consented, but "felt wrong" afterward.

How the hell does that get into this piece?

4. Dick Whitman

Yeah, yeah. It's kind of weird. I don't know that makes it more newsworthy than, "Would you like to spend the night at my place?" It just makes it more salacious.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm a man. Know a lot of men from all walks of life.

Really, really didn't know how many were just awful, disgusting pigs.

6. Dick Whitman

Compare the reporting on this story to the reporting on the Roy Moore story. The Post has the accusations down cold.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, he actually pulled out his cock and jerked off.

8. Dick Whitman

Poin and I were just talking about the proposition.

9. Dick Whitman

I know it may seem like I'm being pedantic, but ever since "Rolling Stone," I am completely fascinated with the evolution of how sexual misconduct is reported.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Your paradigm is obsolete. Hell, maybe it's obsolete as of this year. But, nevertheless, it is.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

She helps establish a long-time pattern of behaviour—specifically, jerking off in front of women. In that case he had consent, but it's such a weird predilection that they probably wanted her story to help shore up the other stories. As in, Yeah, this is something he does.

12. Dick Whitman

It's hysteria now, and the details don't matter any more. Every one of these women may have been the victim of actionable sexual misconduct. But the New York Times, the purported greatest newspaper in the world, barely feels compelled to ferret out enough details to determine that before running with the story. Remember, details are a buncha bullshit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.