1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis CK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

It’s about consent. Otherwise we’re just judging what we think is “creepy” in someone’s private life.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

They’re allegations against a famous person. Credible allegations against famous people are news.

The NYT is more than capable to determining how credible these allegations are.

The rest is rightfully left to the justice system.

I don’t see a problem.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The list of famous and in truth excellent comedians who were complete fuckups at everything else is a long one. Sad to see Louis CK added to the list, but man, this shit is sick.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

What should we hope happens with theses actors? Should they never work again? Should I never watch The Usual Suspects again? C.K. has been long rumored to be a creep. Spacey has been a known weirdo forever. We all know that many more will be outed as pigs soon. I know it's creepy but I honestly can' get that worked up about this. It's Hollywood and the majority of the players are strange.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

We can all do what we want. Me, I don't think Mel Gibson should work again, so I won't see any of his movies. Sorry Daddy's Home 2.

6. Michael_ Gee

What a sacrifice for the cause!!!

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I get that but I really like Chinatown and despite probably drugging a 13 yr old to have sex Polanski makes some great movies. I'm not particularly proud of myself but...

8. Michael_ Gee

The number of great artists who were absolute shits who should've spent their days in prison is a very long one. Picasso is the one who first pops into my mind. It is possible to admire art while loathing the artist.

9. http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/loui..._campaign=vulture&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who among us hasn't been accused of sexual assault merely for asking consent before we start masturbating in front of a woman or throwing her on a bed and kissing her or just complimenting her dress?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.