1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Who cares? Obama wore a tan suit.

Webster likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Kinda hard to debate someone on policy and politics when one candidate has said he flat-out won't debate.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But of course Hannity doubles down, just like his hero:

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bannon is kind of flailing here. After Tuesday night, his political capital is much depleted. If Moore were to lose (unlikely but less so than yesterday), it'd be close to gone.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It's puke-inducing that Moore will still likely win. Even more disgusting is the way he's being defended by a whole bunch of scumbags.

And Bannon can't slither back under his rock quickly enough.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

and she was mean to Bernie!

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Is there any way we can just scrap the GOP and start a new conservative party? (Unfortunately I know the answer is no).

I am pretty much a centrist, but also a pretty solid right lean on some issues. But I'm well past the point of being able to support the Republican Party. The people running it have fucked it up beyond repair. I say this as somebody who would like to feel like voting for a party other than the Democrats was an option.

I don't have a problem with being conservative or moderate right, but the party itself was taken over by terrible, terrible people. And idiots too. There are a lot of dems who don't give me warm fuzzies, but can at least figure out the right thing to say sometimes.

Cosmo and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Moore's fate is up to the people of Alabama. If they choose him, fuck them. I would expect massive boycotts by women's organizations as a result. Those can hurt. I'm not buying a Toyota/Honda/whatever until you move the plant is the kind of thing that gets companies' attention.

10. Michael_ Gee

As a liberal Democrat, it would be swell to have a conservative party with which to argue about tax policy, the budget and dull stuff like that. But roughly a quarter of Americans want a white supremacist fascist state and they own the Republicans. Conservatives who aren't for that don't really have an option except to vote Democratic until the white supremacy mob is rendered powerless, and I understand how hard that is to do, or even accept as something that has to be done.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Jevans

Jevans Member

How hard what is to do? Voting for a Democrat? Or should people be out fighting this mob you speak of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.