1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis CK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

But that wouldn’t change the fact that the Times fucked up this particular story.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

In most contexts, yes

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm much closer to agreeing here than on the Trump "admitted" thing. They had some smoke, perhaps even fire, but muddied it up a lot because it was important.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

You're putting Bill Clinton on a tee just to see if YF is really on vacation, aren't you? :D

5. RickStain

I wasn't old enough to vote when Bill Clinton happened. In retrospect, he should have been run out on a rail.

Iron_chet likes this.
  6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I cannot believe what I'm reading on this thread. I get it from Dick -- he's a lawyer, a contrarian and it's his "board persona."

Maybe, just maybe the stuff we've read about Weinstein or Tobeck or Spacey is de-sensitizing us. Because he's in a position of power in his field. He invites two people clearly hoping to curry his favour into his room. He asks them if it's ok. They say yes, thinking he's joking. When he proves it is serious, they go running from the room and he goes after them. This is not problematic to enough of you?

Again, I want any of you defending or minimalizing this stuff to tell me if you'd get away with it where you work.

RickStain and TowelWaver like this.
  7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I was just joking. Kind of. I do think the power dynamic of the President and the intern was the real issue.

8. Dick Whitman

Or, you know, I think the Times did a shitty job reporting this piece.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Boy, is that hard to define. Easy for you. But you ain't everyone.

In this case, I agree that CK didn't get consent from the first two women - didn't even come close to a yes. But I wouldn't agree in every case.

10. RickStain

When an edge case comes up worth examining, we can examine it.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

He and anyone else here can do whatever they want. This to me is undebatable. There are mountains and mountains of evidence suggesting this story is bang-on accurate. Arguing otherwise seems insane to me, Doesn't mean I think DW is a misogynist (I don't), just that there are a lot of weird hills to perish on around here and this might be the weirdest. The mileage of others here may vary.

12. Dick Whitman

I have no doubt the story accurately reports that Louis C.K. has a sexual fetish that has made some women uncomfortable, at the very least. This would have been a tremendous “get” for the “National Enquirer” or maybe even TMZ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.