1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis CK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I know. I laughed because Dexter Manley reference.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Possible Veterans Committee inductee in 30 years.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, there you have it.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So a man who has no power and knows he has no power can be found guilty of misusing the power he doesn't have. Man, you're twisting yourself into a rhetorical pretzel worthy of YF on this one.

Stoney likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You got this wrong, bud.
    25 pages and you got it wrong.
    In 2002, a Chicago comedy duo, Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov, landed their big break: a chance to perform at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colo. When Louis C.K. invited them to hang out in his hotel room for a nightcap after their late-night show, they did not think twice. The bars were closed and they wanted to celebrate. He was a comedian they admired. The women would be together. His intentions seemed collegial.

As soon as they sat down in his room, still wrapped in their winter jackets and hats, Louis C.K. asked if he could take out his penis, the women said.

They thought it was a joke and laughed it off. “And then he really did it,” Ms. Goodman said in an interview with The New York Times. “He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating.”

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was my first quick read through it. I long ago conceded and changed it to you can't tell.

poindexter likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I certainly hope not, but it's the first thought I had upon reading that.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'm curious: Why post your favorite clips from Louis CK on a thread about his acts of sexual misconduct? I am/was as big a fan of his as anybody, but this seems like a strange place to be doing that.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Because we may never see him perform again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.