1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One thing in Trump's favor in terms of complicity. He is such a complete motormouth that I can't see even idiots like Kushner and Don Jr. telling him about a dodgy plot. He'd have been likely to blurt it out during one of the debates. "Oh, yeah, Hillary? Well wait till you see what the Russians have on you."

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hey Russia, if you’re listening, hack into hillary’s Emails

Double Down and bigpern23 like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

melock likes this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He openly called on the Russians to hack her emails for him.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's funny, YF. I just read that and was about to post the same CNN clip. For background, Kyle Whitmire is a very smart reporter and opinion writer here in Birmingham. Now that it is out and under discussion people are bringing up all sorts of history regarding Moore from back in the day. For instance, he was banned from Gadsden Mall for hitting on teenage girls repeatedly. Once that one came out, there was a chorus of "Oh, yeah, I remember that."

That said, there are a lot of folks here who would vote for the devil before a Democrat. "Oh, he's not *really* Satan, he's a poser."

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Why now? Because women finally feel they are being believed would be my guess.

7. Michael_ Gee

That would be my guess, too. Also that the three Post reporters on the story are just really good at getting sources to trust them and open up to them.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think that is a part of it. I also think in a lot of places people would have believed them, but it would have been brushed off as "Boys being boys. Is it really that big of a deal?" The tide seems to be turning on that.

9. Neutral Corner

" I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country. And I appreciated so very much the frank dialogue."

10. Michael_ Gee

World's biggest sucker. Getting into a poker game with Trump would be a guaranteed income.

bigpern23 and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

I think that it was a combination of other women telling their stories in the post Weinstein era, "This jerk is going to be my U.S. Senator if I don't tell my story", and good reporters who heard rumors and followed them until they found the women involved. They then showed enough sympathy and commitment to getting the facts out that they got everyone to go on record formally.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

One reason I like this board so much is that people have an appreciation of just how skilled and hard working reporters have to be to break a big story like this one.

lakefront, HanSenSE and FileNotFound like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.