1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I’m a conservative. Katherine Tiempf is a conservative. ... David French is a conservative. Jonah Goldberg is a conservative. We don’t think it’s fine.

SpeedTchr and FileNotFound like this.
  2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean "conservative" doesn't mean one single thing? Unlike, say, "liberal" or "media"? I had no idea.

heyabbott and FileNotFound like this.
  3. doctorquant

Just checking. Thought there might have been an American-to-Canadian translation issue.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The creepy dude from Match Game.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

No, there was an issue with the so-called "liberal agenda" issue

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Chuck Woolery was jerking while they breaking for 2 and 2.

Songbird likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Definitely Woolery.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Richard Dawson was sticking his tongue down the throats of contestants on camera. God only knows what he was doing backstage.

10. doctorquant

I can think of only one time this happened to me. I had come out here without wife/kids to teach summer school, and one Saturday night I went to a real-live Texas honky-tonk. I was enjoying watching the couples doing the two-step — I’d never really seen people who know what they’re doing dancing like that — when a woman asked me to dance. I politely declined by saying I didn’t know how and would be embarrassed by how clueless I’d look. Across the bar I noticed another couple of ladies, sitting at a table, chuckling at the scene.

A few minutes later I walked over to the bar to get another beer, and just as I turned away from the bar the first gal stepped right in front of me, grabbed my right hand with her left, pushed her crotch against my thigh and gave my jewels a quick but firm squeeze. “That’s how you dance ... wanna?” Again I begged off. She wound up hooking up with some old fart (I wasn’t quite the old fart then) and peeling out half an hour later.

A little while after that, I was startled by a shoe thrown my way by one of the two women who’d been enjoying my predicament. I wound up sitting and laughing with them for a good while.

DISCLAIMER: I tell this story only to tell this story, not in any way to suggest how I reacted is how one (male or female) should react ...

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Bob Barker.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

When my best college friend and I were at Stone Temple Pilots in around ‘97, a college-aged woman stopped in front of us and watched for a song or two. A few minutes in, he leaned over to me and whispered, “This chick has been fondling my dick for the last two songs.” Then she eventually walked away as abruptly as she’d arrived.

It wouldn’t have occurred to us that was sexual assault. And he liked it. But ... it was, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.