1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

For laughs, why don't we throw in the conservative agenda too.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. lakefront

Richard Dawson of course! We all saw it happen yet only a few spoke out!

3. lakefront

I would welcome that one, he is the definition of right-wing conspiracy nut.

4. lakefront

yep, Already exposed in the past. That would be an interesting list, who has been exposed, in the "old days" before it was taken as seriously as it is now.
    Saving YF the trouble Bill Clinton.

5. lakefront

Not if it was ok with him. It is totally ok to "hit on" someone, what happens after is the issue. (within reason of course, probably does not include things like showing up naked or pinning someone against the wall) Did you mention this before? Sounds like a familiar story.

6. lakefront

Holy Fuck. I assume those are the moms sitting next to them? This is where we are coming from, the time period that we are working our way out of. Quick check says-you all probably know-was Blue Jay announcer and was nominated in 04 for the Fricke.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It was “OK” with him, I guess. She had no way of knowing that.

She didn’t hit on him. She walked up to a guy she didn’t know, during a rock concert, and immediately began fondling him.

Imagine the genders were reversed. That’s not “hitting on” someone.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The last time it happened was last fall. I was at a big party, standing in a circle talking to a bunch of people. A woman, drunk, came up behind me, pressed against my back, and swung her hand in front of me and full-on grabbed my dick and balls. I had no idea who it was, so I... what's the word? Pulled back? Pulled away from her hand? But she was standing behind me, so I couldn't really avoid it.

I don't know. I wasn't happy about it. I guess my primary feeling was embarrassment, because there was an audience, including people I know and respect. I kind of just grabbed her wrist and pulled her to my side and tried to pretend nothing happened. She was drunk and I know her a little, and she's not a bad person, so that was the end of it.

The difference in my situation and the reverse, of course, is that I could end it as soon as I decided it was ending. A woman in my position would have had a harder time getting out of that kind of move. I can see how it would feel really threatening. I don't know if embarrassment would be their feeling in the same situation. That's the weird part, thinking back on it. I'm not sure why I was embarrassed. I didn't really have anything to do with it.

lakefront likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Seinfeld was 38 when he started dating a 17-year-old, and the media normalized it, and collected positive quotes about the relationship from his friends.

[​IMG]

Cover Story: The Game of Love – Vol. 41 No. 11

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

A woman once came up to me in a bar and basically gave me a lap dance.

The only emotion I felt was fear, because it turns out she was doing it to make her boyfriend jealous, and he was much bigger than me.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that People article was the only one to do such a thing.

12. lakefront

Yes, the gender being reversed brings in a whole other level to the situation. I would call that groping because he probably had the advantage over her--generally speaking, male over female--if he did it to her, he is already in the position of dominance--generally speaking male over female. Lots and lots of fine points to this whole issue. Traditional male/female then we have gay/straight, gay/gay, etc. More complex than I would have ever thought and I have had 3 experiences my self. I don't know how we are suppose to figure this out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.