1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. Every President since the creation of the CIA (especially Truman, who signed the bill) has railed at America's intelligence community and the CIA in particular. Every one.
    2. Very interesting that Gov. Ivey of Alabama has refused to postpone the election as some right-wingers have advocated. Wonder if a significant contingent of Alabama Republicans see this as an opportunity to get rid of Moore for good.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But, if he raped her, how should we let it go, and why, especially considering the fact that, while no longer running for office, he is politically active, and sought out as a fundraiser and surrogate by current candidates?

tapintoamerica and Iron_chet like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

YF, give it up. She testified under oath she wasn't raped. Under oath. You want him to be a rapist, but the evidence isn't there.

4. YankeeFan

Michael, I like you, but we all know —especially given the current news of the day — that women will deny being raped to avoid further pain and embarrassment.

Rose McGowan denied being raped by Weinstein, and appeared in pictures with him. Do we not believe her?

5. Michael_ Gee

Oh, please come on. Give it a rest. It is 2017, almost 2018. Bill Clinton is an ex-President whose actual status among the citizenry is as a vaguely comic figure. He is literally history. Citing him is not much different from saying Robert Byrd belonged to the KKK for awhile. I don't spend time arguing GW Bush should be prosecuted for endorsing torture, because he's gone now, enjoying himself as a reasonably talented painter.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

We don’t want Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. Can we trade them for Ontario and a province to be named later?

franticscribe likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly fine with Bill Clinton getting his retroactive comeuppance

Iron_chet and FileNotFound like this.
  8. YankeeFan

Will be fun to watch McAuliffe run.

Everyone who criticized Trump's business ethics will suddenly be proclaiming this grifter to be a genius businessman.

9. Michael_ Gee

True fact: My youngest brother was McAuliffe's next-door neighbor in McLean before Terry was elected governor. I asked Dave, a country club Republican, if McAuliffe was as nuts in reality as he seemed on TV. His answer was "oh, he's nuttier. He's like the wacky neighbor in every sitcom there ever was. I love the guy." He also voted against him for governor not out of partisanship, but because he felt that deep down inside, McAuliffe's wife didn't want him to win because she didn't want to move to Richmond.

10. YankeeFan

Did the wife move?

I seem to remember reading that Terry was having a lot of legislators over to the Governor's mansion for drinks.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The original rape victim that Republicans wanted to prosecute.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Rose McGowan was allowed to overcome her pain and embarrassment to voluntarily come after many years to make her accusation. Nobody forced her to come forward.

Juanita Broadderick was secretly tape recorded, then forced to testify under oath, then threatened with perjury when she denied she was raped because she just didn't want to get involved, all because the Republicans couldn't beat Clinton on the issues and were so desperate for anything to get him with.

Yep, the two examples are totally comparable.

melock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.