1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I do have to say, I'm loving that you are making this argument.

doctorquant likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Was pondering this on the ride home ... we live in a time in which: A) sexual identity is ever-more complex (e.g., the 50+ Facebook options for gender); and B) there is great pressure to narrow the categories into which we sort sexual (and sex-related) misconduct.

lakefront likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Stop defending rape.

doctorquant likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

FTFY

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

How about this; whether it's sexual assault or not, is this conduct you would want to be around? That's what this is all about, exposing how those in power abuse it on those who are weaker. For the most part it's the woman being the weaker position.

People root for the champion; who root for an NFL owner? A billionaire? The guy who inherited millions?

It's time to ask whether you want to root for the champion or for human decency?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What argument is this in opposition to?

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I know you’re trying to be a nice guy — you always make the nice, but obvious observation.

But, no one has suggested otherwise.

No one has defended abhorrent behavior. We’re only discussing how it should be reported and described.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a case yet that was inaccurately reported.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Remember this article every time someone suggests that laughter might have meant consent.

poindexter and Double Down like this.
  12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

But moore "dated" many teenagers, is that who he really had thing in common with, that many teenagers? To me that is weird. I don't believe Seinfeld was trolling teenagers, apparently he usually dated people his own age. But the exception was meeting this girl--mature beyond her years according to people who know her. Enough for me on this, I feel silly explaining Seinfeld as if I know him.

My point is sometimes people meet and there is an age difference, sometimes the age difference is what people are looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.