1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

With Clinton we knew better, or at least should have. And, Senator is not President.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As noted, Broaddrick denied she was raped under oath. If she was telling the truth there, then all we have in that situation is Clinton cheating on his wife.

I could care less if a politician cheats on their spouse as long as they aren't lecturing others about personal behavior and responsibility, which someone like Moore does constantly.

If Broaddrick was raped, then there would be an issue. The problem, though, is that she said she wasn't, then said she was upon threats of perjury charges. Her story is flawed.

What also didn't help was the constant braying of the GOP moralists who (besides being caught with their pants down themselves) would combine her story of possible rape with the stories of consensual sex from women who Clinton was cheating with. It made her story less serious and put a greater emphasis on the cheating aspects, which the majority of the public could care less about.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Oh for God's sake. Explain to me again how Louis CK is the worst man in the world because of the power imbalance between him and other comedians who admired him and the most powerful man in the world and a 20 year old intern is just a guy cheating on his wife?

Iron_chet likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I haven't said a word about Louis CK and had barely heard of him before this happened.

As far as Bill and Monica, she said herself that she liked and wanted the attention. Maybe you can explain the difference between wanted attention and unwanted attention.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Guy ... this argument ... there ain’t no way it’s gonna go within 10 zip codes of where you want it to go. Disengage before you suffer from ‘splodin’ head syndrome.

JC, HC, franticscribe and 1 other person like this.
  6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton can fuck whomever he wants, as long as it's consensual, and that's between him, the other person and his wife. Same is true for Trump, or, really, for you. I don't care. I may harrumph a little bit if you try to impose your moral code on me, but I don't really care to take your moral advice even if you're not fucking around on your wife.

Where Clinton lost me was when he wagged his finger at me on national TV and looked me in the eye and told me a bald-faced lie. That compromised his ability to lead. (And the whole damn thing would have gone away if he had just stepped up to that mic and said, "Yeah, I did it, and I shouldn't have, and I'm sorry.")

Arguing Bill Clinton vs. Trump is a stupid exercise. They'll never run against each other. And I'm not going to hold Trump against every Republican. I'm pretty left, but if the GOP in 2020 puts up a smart, common-sense, not-in-bed-with-the-NRA, fiscally conservative candidate who was born after 1955, I'll consider that candidate on his or her merits.

It would be awesome if We The People could stop re-litigating Clinton, and Nixon, and GW Bush, and maybe get on with trying to figure out how to make this place a better place to live starting today and for the remaining 30 or so years I have to occupy this planet, and for my children, and for their children.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He's not history as long as he is speaking on behalf of candidates or otherwise engaging in political activity.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

Absolutely. As soon as he wagged his finger at America and essentially said, "How dare you accuse me?" he shamed the office. I'd have voted to evict him. Didn't he lie under oath at some point as well? That's cause for getting tossed from office in my book.

9. tapintoamerica

That should be a player name in Key and Peele's next sketch.

10. tapintoamerica

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It was incredibly fortunate for Bill Clinton that Lewinsky wanted the attention, but still incredibly inappropriate that he risked it.

That kind of relationship is inappropriate, consensual or not.

lakefront likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.