1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

She had consent. She just behaved reckless to because she had no way of knowing if she had consent.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But, as described by Trump, then it isn’t any kind of admission of sexual assault, right?

3. RickStain

Maybe it's not as funny as you think it is.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Thing is, YF didn't say that "every one" of the cash register owners wanted you to steal the money. He asked whether, if one of the woman enjoyed getting grabbed by Trump, even though he didin't know that, it would have been OK?

You are on the record that it was not assault when it happened to my friend at the concert.

5. RickStain

It was 100% am admission of sexual assault. Same as if he had described a history of marching into stores snd grabbing from the cash registers, it would be an admission of theft, even if someone asks if it is possible all those store owners wanted him to have the money.

6. RickStain

It would have been reckless behavior but not assault.

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I've said yes in both instances already. And I said the same about your friend, unlike how you've just characterized my stance. I've been consistent here. You have not been. ("Hope Solo was not sexually assaulted when her ass was grabbed by an old man, just assaulted," Dick Whitman says.)

8. Dick Whitman

Unknown consent is an interesting new wrinkle.

Bob Knight would approve.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

PS: What I do for a living, again, has nothing to do with this. See! That's how you keep something that's not about you not about you.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's actually funnier knowing how much it wads your underwear (or boxers).

I understand you're bucking for a position as chief social engineer of the American male species. Good luck.

11. Dick Whitman

No, Dick Whitman doesn't.

Dick Whitman says it wasn't necessarily sexual assault, that we don't have enough to go on to know whether it was, and that he wouldn't characterize it as such in a headline. Apparently I'm not on an island here. George H.W. Bush simply "groped" that 16-year-old. Ben Affleck committed "alleged sexual harassment."

12. RickStain

He touched her in an unwanted way. That's assault. It was on a part of her body that is considered sexualied. That makes it sexual assault.

Easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.