1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is basically what Weinstein did. But it’s funny! Best scene ever!

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is a wide-ranging discussion about sexual assault, harassment, and misconduct and how it is understood, discussed, and characterized in the media. We are capable of exploring multiple threads. In fact, it seems essential.

3. Dick Whitman

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I didn't see horrible bosses but I feel pretty comfortable assuming it isn't good.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yesterday in church this woman behind us decided that when the choir was singing was a good time to chat up her pew neighbor. She did it several times. Had at some point I stuck my right shoe up her ass, would that have been sexual assault or just assault? Or a sacrament?

6. Dick Whitman

We have talked about this. It is not assault when a woman violates a man. That is particularly the case if you "know her a little" and "she was drunk."

7. SnarkShark

The reverse relationship, an almost naked male boss propositioning a female worker—the scene would never be made, because it’s not socially acceptable and hawt. It’s gross.

8. RickStain

Conceded. But without examples of cases going under reported where the initiator was not male, there isn't a whole lot to go on here.

The best I can do is relate the story of a friend of a friend who has carved out a minor side gig playing generic mooks in superhero stuff. He says that women in positions of power over him are rare, but when they occur they tend to have the same caste structure and sexual expectations as men, but more likely to take no for an answer.

9. RickStain

Men bawdily and forcefully propositioning women being played for laughs isn't a thing? It's everywhere.

10. SnarkShark

Hilarious!

11. SnarkShark

Feel free to provide examples.

12. RickStain

How I Met Your Mother became a network staple and made Neil Patrick Harris a breakout re-star entirely on a character who was only slightly less consistently awful than the other male characters.

Your exact scenario is more or less the plot synopsis of Mad Men

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.