1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Mad Men" was definitely a laugh riot.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Um, in a movie called "Horrible Bosses," wherein she is one of the "Horrible Bosses," "horrible" being a word that we generally know to mean "not good," she's a parody of loutish and oblivious male behaviour, and by putting the male in the role of "person made uncomfortable by unwanted sexual advances," it in fact attempts to show how gross that kind of behaviour is to males who might otherwise think it's harmless and fine. It's actually a condemnation of Weinstein-esque behaviour.

I can't believe this stuff has to be explained to adults.

3. Dick Whitman

What if the character knew her a little and she was drunk?

4. typefitter

I would guess that putting your foot up her ass would not have been the best move on your part when you might have, say, tapped her on the shoulder and said, "Kindly shut the fuck uppeth, here, in thy Lord's house, amen."

doctorquant likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You never laughed at Roger Sterling?

6. Dick Whitman

Fair enough. But we're laughing at the characters for being louts. It's a subtle distinction, but an important one.

7. typefitter

I have no idea what you're getting at. I didn't say I wasn't assaulted. I was. I didn't say I felt good about it. I didn't. I just said that's where I left it. There is no "gotcha" here.

You are a serious mental case who can't handle losing a debate or being made to feel inferior in any way. You could not be more Trumpian.

8. Dick Whitman

Fair enough.

Interpretation rescinded.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think that's something we tell ourselves so we feel better about enjoying it.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But she didn't ask for consent before touching him.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, you're saying that All in the Family wasn't the most racist TV show ever?

Who's going to explain this to Bodie?

12. typefitter

There was no possible way to interpret what I said any other way, unless you're grasping or a troll or both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.