1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Let's just cut to the chase, people.

Beginning in 2018, all ballots for any election in America, from city council to president, will look like this:

___ Pro-Life

___ Pro-Choice

Whichever side wins can appoint someone to vote in city hall, the state legislature or Congress on the only issue that matters* ...

* — except in Idaho, where a second ballot question will ask if we should burn down all national forests to make sure we kill each and every wolf.

Double Down likes this.
  3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It’s the Globe. You are joking, right?

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I believe owning guns is more important to the people who you'd otherwise put in the Pro-Life category.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I can't believe "Who Killed JonBenet?" is really still a thing.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Like the average reader of those publications is like 132 years old. Half of every supermarket tab's stories are about long past events, or how horrible celebrities from the '50s look now to cheer up said readers.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Or celebs from the 80's. cough*Kirstie Alley*cough

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

O.J. didn't waste any time in creating that drug den after he left prison.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if McConnel telling him to step aside hurts Moore at all. Probably helps him actually.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Disagree. The idea that there are enough Breitbart shitheads out there to win general elections (especially when there is not a Clinton on the other side of the ballot) is Chicken Little silliness, in my opinion. Yes, the "Let's burn it all to the ground" coalition is a force in politics, but it's about 32 percent in the U.S. population, and about 40 percent in Alabama. Moore is going to lose unless they pull some dirty tricks and reveal Doug Jones is actually Hillary Clinton's lover.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I wonder who he (and the rest of them that are now coming around) would believe if moore was still leading the polls?

12. Neutral Corner

Alabama is a solid Republican state, but a lot of them are more traditional Republicans. You hear a lot about the wild eyed Tea Party/Trump idiots, but they are the fringe. It might be a wide fringe, but nowhere near as wide as the flag is.

Moore won because of three things - because of his pure loyalists, maybe 30%, because Luther Strange got the interim seat by obstructing justice for Gov. Boobgrabber Bentley, and because McConnell's PAC carpetbombed the market with ads to the point that the people outside the state trying to buy the vote pissed a lot of people off. I think number two is what truly turned the election.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.