1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

New woman accuses Roy Moore of sexual assault when she was a minor

Beverly Young Nelson said Monday that the alleged incident occurred in 1977, when she was a 16-year-old waitress in a Gadsden, Ala., restaurant where Moore, then 30, was a regular customer and would often flirt with her.

A week or two later, Nelson said, she was waiting to get a ride home from work from her boyfriend, who was late, when Moore offered to drive her. Nelson said that Moore groped her in his car without her consent. When she told him to stop, Nelson said Moore squeezed the back of her neck and tried to force her head “onto his crotch.”

“I was terrified,” Nelson said in a detailed statement delivered at a press conference in New York City, where she was introduced to reporters by her lawyer, Gloria Allred. “I thought that he was going to rape me.”

Nelson said that at some point Moore gave up and warned her not to tell anyone about the encounter.

“He then looked at me and said, ‘You are a child. I am the district attorney,’” Nelson recalled. “If you tell anyone about this, no one will believe you.”

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

#familyvalues

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

As of this moment, the Republican National Committee still has a joint fundraising agreement with Roy Moore.

4. Dick Whitman

It would sure be a lot easier for old Roy Moore to put up credible denials if his wife weren't 14 years younger than him.

doctorquant likes this.
  5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Well, at least we haven't heard that he killed a woman yet. Not saying that isn't next, though...

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did he get married at age 30?

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

I'm saying it fits the pattern. Nothing necessarily wrong with the marriage. But he clearly likes younger women.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Don’t worry. The “Yeah, but Ted Kennedy...” stuff is queued up and ready to go.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Ann Coulter brought up JFK and a 19-year-old in a Tweet someone posted here this morning.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I looked at this in the supermarket checkout aisle just now. Malia was interviewed because she had interned with Harvey Weinstein and they wanted to know what she might have seen or heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.