1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I fail to grasp the problem ...

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The other thing to remember about the Alabama Senate race is that the Democrat has done a few things that voters cannot forgive. He prosecuted the Klan and he prosecuted Eric Rudolph, who, to people like Roy Moore and his ilk, is a hero for bombing abortion clinics. That's the sort of conduct they think should be heralded, not prosecuted.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You paid for it but you were not invited

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

An unprecedented development ...

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm still not clear what happens if Roy somehow drops out or is forced out. He's still on the ballot, right? And then some other Republican takes his place? I mean, of course the Republicans would want him out—he's at risk of losing a seat that pretty much every other Republican would win, and he's going to be a lunatic in the Senate besides. I just don't know how voters can be asked to vote for someone without knowing who it is first.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He can't be forced out. He can't even be replaced on the ballot if he drops out. If he drops out, votes for him are invalid.

They can try to mount a write in campaign or expel him if he wins, which would trigger another special election.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I really want to see Alabama voters elect him. We Elected Nero, we might as well have Caligula in the Senate

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Really? So when Republicans are saying he should step aside... They're just writing off the seat? Or hoping they can convince enough voters to write in the name of someone else? That seems like a long shot.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Amazing as it may be, I'm choosing to believe that the calls for him to step aside are just doing the right thing without regards for political calculus.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

These people are trying to be successful on a single piece of of their agenda after numerous failures. They don't need to deal with some scumbag from Alabama right now, trying to get into their club.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

We are in such a pickle right now it blows the fucking mind. And gets worse by the day.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.