1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hell, he'd be hailed as a saviour at this point. I'd just as soon he stayed on as AG and get fried there. Who knows what mischief would ensue if Trump replaces him?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One more thing. As AG, Sessions has more ability to stay abreast of a criminal investigation in which he damn well may be implicated than he would as a Senator. But mostly, it's tougher to win as a write-in than folks think, especially if Moore has say a dead-end share of 20-25 percent of the electorate. Suppose Sessions ran as a write-in and lost? Then Trump probably would fire him for the crime of making Trump look bad, and Sessions would be out in a very cold place indeed.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is what’s really important

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Translation:

Those ungrateful n___s!

melock likes this.
  5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Refreshing to see some restraint there.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

We can hope. Sessions as AG is sitting in the frying pan with the butter beginning to bubble. Whatever he's done, Mueller probably already has. Yeah, he can continue to be his jackass self with more power there, but I think his days are numbered.

Write ins are a pain, but the R's here are really stirred up. They are scared to death that the demon Democrats are going to steal their rightful Senate seat. Most of them would push for Sessions, although it is very possible that Roy's voters get pissed off and stay home instead.

Sessions out in the cold would not make me lose a second's sleep.

7. Neutral Corner

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe he should focus his attention on Ezekiel Elliot’s plight. Trump cant win California but he can at least help Red State Texas

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He''s going to just start tweeting old Rodney Dangerfield routines pretty soon.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My feeling is that we're all grown-ups here, but I'm willing to respect others' objections. Last week I just copied and pasted straight from the Politico story because I thought the anecdote was telling. It didn't occur to me to edit it.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There's no way Sessions does it.

He loves being AG. He thinks he can be transformational. He didn't quit in the face of fierce criticism from the President.

Why on earth would h go back to being on of one hundred Senators?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.