1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it. That's encouraging, but like a couple of weeks ago, Dems have to come out in force and vote.

In Virginia and Jersey, Trump didn't lose his voters. Dems just showed up.

lakefront likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Moore is on the ballot regardless and I find it hard to believe that there are enough people who would "get the memo" or not want to send an FU to McConnel that would give the thing to Jones. Bama'ans are known to cling to bad ideas.

Drudge Headline HOF candidate (its on there right now) It's even funnier when you think of the double-entendre.

BANNON TURNS ON JUDGE WHORE?
    [​IMG]

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Bannon’s signature and only move is reading the wind and leaking that he is responsible for it blowing that way so his followers think he is powerful.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ivanka is the best political mind of the Trumps. Just look at how she threads this needle.

Ivanka Trump says child tax credit 'not a pet project'

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Honestly, that quote is not threading the needle. That’s a perfectly reasonable statement to make by a high ranking White House Official, without regard to a particular administration.

As such, I would doubt that it’s her original quote, but there doesn’t appear to be anyone in the White House who could craft such a simple and true statement.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Senator Richard Shelby has announced that he will not vote for Roy Moore but write in another Republican instead. He said that Jeff Sessions would be ideal, but he is in the White House.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

This guy needs clown shoes and a big red nose.

Roy Moore's lawyer: 'Release the yearbook'

"On Monday, Beverley Young Nelson alleged at a press conference that Moore sexually assaulted her when she was 16 years old. As proof that the two knew each other at the time, she and Allred presented a high school yearbook Nelson said was signed by Moore.

The message read: "To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas. Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore, D.A."

Jauregui implied that the entire yearbook note was not written by the same person. And he claimed that the “D.A.” next to Moore’s name were the initials of his assistant at the time, a sign that the assistant had actually stamped Moore’s signature."

So he's saying that Roy Moore got his assistant to stamp his name in this girl's yearbook? How, exactly, does that prove that Roy didn't know her at that time? Or is he saying that she got the assistant to do it so she could accuse Roy forty years later?

10. Neutral Corner

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That seems awfully cynical. Perhaps he examined the charges and found them credible.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.