1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Unless there is some explanation (i.e. it was a joke and she was in on it), every minute that passes by without his resignation is a national embarrassment.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It wasn’t until I was back in the US and looking through the CD of photos we were given by the photographer that I saw this one:
    I couldn’t believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep.

I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated.

How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny?

I told my husband everything that happened and showed him the picture.

I wanted to shout my story to the world with a megaphone to anyone who would listen, but even as angry as I was, I was worried about the potential backlash and damage going public might have on my career as a broadcaster.

But that was then, this is now. I’m no longer afraid.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yep, sorry Senator Franken, you can be seen out

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now we're getting into the weird territory in which I'm thinking you don't really mean what you are saying here, that you are using it to prove a point.

As you and others already said, if the law changed, those percentages would change. I don't think it would be a small change, either. If we dismiss or diminish due process for those accused of sexual assault, I think the number of accusations would go up, and the percentage of false accusations would rise as well. The potential for abuse of the system by individuals with some sort of grudge is simply too great.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Is he touching her?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I should correct what I posted.

If that comment from Tweeden is real, Franken should resign. According to that, she did not give consent.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think so.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't support or condone Franken's behavior here, but is it "groping" if the victim is wearing a flak vest? If I'm wearing a cup and somebody grabs me, is it different than if I'm not? Or does the intent to touch her breasts - even though she was wearing body armor over them - make it a crime?

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yes.

Especially when coupled with the creepy kissing story.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes, it is still sexual assault.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

What if the woman is wearing one of those blow-up sumo suits?

Stoney likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.