1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hugh Hewitt has been calling for this for days.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

West Virginia coal miners rejoice!

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's unconstitutional and requires the Governor to wish to commit political suicide to make Mitch McConnell feel better. So I'm doubtful this happens.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He wants the debate held at the Green Acres Middle School between lunch and gym class

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, the Governor, bless her heart, has refused to reschedule the existing special election just because the state party screwed the pooch. Frankly, I think that she is right, that doing that subverts the election process, no matter which party is playing shenanigans.

If Big Luther resigns, it's still transparently political shenanigans, but it's not the state governor jiggering the process in favor of her party. It's bullshit, but it is a much less objectionable form of bullshit. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Big Luther insisted on trying a write-in campaign though. :p

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She's going to have a legitimate race on her hands. The last thing she needs is to manufacture a club to use on her later.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Governor has some excellent political motives for letting the election go on. If Moore loses, he's probably toast in politics. If he wins, he's out of the state and won't ever run for Governor.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

See, my theory that Obama *might* be able to help Jones wasn't all that cray! He's more popular in Bama than Roy Moore.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So we've established that we pretty much believe every single woman except the Duke stripper, and the 16 Trump accusers. Do I have that right?

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tawana Brawley

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm guessing if put Louis CK's career up for a vote, the "yes, please, another comedy special soon" box would get a lot of marks.

I, "prudish" Christian, think this is a relatively big deal. A lot of people don't, and clearly didn't, for many years, given all the shit men got away with, year after year, including Harvey Weinstein, who's one of the worst harassers of all time. But, now, in the wake of Weinstein, people will care for awhile, women will come forward, careers will be lost, and so it will go in a Hollywood echo chamber that gloms onto movements like the weather changes in Kansas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.