1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So his plan was to enjoy the fruits of tactics that were already in place and take credit. Got it.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In fairness, many Presidents have done that on a variety of issues. That's pretty garden variety politics. The problem is, if the issue goes sideways, even if you haven't changed the policy, it's now your fault.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

5. YankeeFan

OK.

I won’t be surprised when you are surprised on election night 2020.

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Anything can happen, and Trump could well be re-elected. But don't cite a poll indicating he's historically unpopular for a first-year President in support of that opinion. It's nonsensical.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This from 2013 is making the rounds.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, it is definitely politics as usual, but it is a fair response to YF's point in defense of President Trump.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I worked in an incredibly liberal, progressive place - it was where the Obamas met, and was one of the campaign's biggest donors. In five years there, the only time I remember having lunch or dinner with a female colleague, just the two of us, was for recruiting purposes. Part of that was my age, though. I think there were some female-male platonic relationships. Most people at that level don't shit where they eat. (Exception being the guy who was screwing his boss and became President.) Of course, those people weren't married.

I take that back. I did travel to Florida/Alabama with a female colleague and spent the better part of two days with her. Traveled with her. Drank with her at the hotel bar. And so on. I remember my brother, a proud liberal who lives in The Bubble, even making wisecracks about it, "Oh, so you traveled with your 30-year-old female co-worker ..."

Anyway, I think Pence is a fool in most ways, but the fact that he's simply codified this for himself doesn't mean that a lot of people don't practice it.

12. YankeeFan

I worked there too!

Fixed the espresso machine. Nice cafeteria. Great view.

lcjjdnh and Dick Whitman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.