1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Unless it was done by a white guy with a legally purchased semi-auto AR. Then it's totally too soon.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Garbage "reporting."

"... The four sources, all of whom said they heard about the exchange directly from Catz ..." None of the people saying McMaster said it were in the room. They all heard it second-hand, and relayed the story third-hand to a reporter.

I don't doubt McMaster said it. Hell, he'd be right if he did. But this is shoddy work, at best.

The paragraph below is the story that should have been pursued, particularly because the source at least heard it first-hand.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So Catz is blabbing this around to his friends and associates? That's the interesting part to me. Actually, the interesting part is that McMaster didn't say, "now don't tell a soul or you're my enemy for life." Maybe he's looking to get fired.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Was struck reading this at how much modern political reporting is just gossip reporting, essentially.

Yes it's relevant information to the public if the NSA head thinks the POTUS is an idiot, but all of this feels like such a waste of time and resources. Vox's model of explaining policy has real merit, but it's hard to see how it will ever catch on in larger context, or even be profitable for Vox.

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Raiders

Raiders Member

Safra Catz is a woman.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Presidential standard for reporting is that ‘people are talking ‘. “ It’s out there”

Trump is an idiot savant, sans savant

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Vox is actually doing just fine financially, compared to Buzzfeed anyway. Did not know Catz was a woman. Had never heard name before this afternoon. Sorry for the error. BTW, Eliot Cohen-Watnick, one of the Flynn guys purged from the NSC by McMaster, now works at Oracle. Just food for conspiratorial thought.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Read that Josh Marshal piece that's the subject of another thread. I'm not convinced Vox's time in the digital meat grinder won't come eventually when it's venture capital money starts to dry up and investors don't want to put more money into the fire.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think I'm a fan of the Oakland mayor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.