1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who said it was?

The question was whether their was any marketing that could have enticed "good people" to the event, who didn't realize the true nature of the event.

2. YankeeFan

The Charlie Rose story is bad.

His apology is full of shit. This whole idea that these guys suddenly realized that they weren't acting on "shared feelings" or that they now realize their actions were not appropriate is a fucking joke. Don't tell me you've "learned" from these accusations.

If he ever appears on PBS, or either CBS's Morninh Show or on 60 Minutes, I'll be shocked. He needs to go, or the media might as well close up shop.

And, let's not pretend that these fuckers who have been covering these issues, and going after politicians, didn't know about the issues in their own companies.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

For all of our board's bickering here about some of the peripheral details, it really is unbelievable what women were being subjected to in the workplace for generations.

Say what you will about both workaday journalists and lawyers, two professions not held in the highest esteem, I have never seen any of this shit go on.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Hey, at least he "hears" them. He says that's important.

Yeah, Charlie won't be needing that alarm clock anymore.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

I didn't see this kind of stuff when I worked in politics.

I saw people yell and scream in a way that would get you fired in the private sector, and I saw inappropriate relationships, but I didn't hear about this kind of stuff. (Though, some of the relationships were very inappropriate, and actually one may have been somewhat predatory, now that I think about it.)

Same thing at the large corporation I worked at.

6. YankeeFan

If we believe the eight women making accusations against Rose, why is he been suspended, and not fired?

Why don't network executives believe the women?

7. Dick Whitman

Because lawyers.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Hear" ...

They got the best PR folks.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I wish I could say that same. I've seen plenty of inappropriate relationships in journalism. Hell, the shithead EIC who left my paper to take a cushy academic job at North Carolina's school of journalism was fired from it because he got involved in some romantic relationship with a female student. That shit was not a surprise to any of us at the paper he left.

10. Dick Whitman

I'm also usually super out of the loop on this kind of stuff at my jobs, so take my observation with a grain of salt.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Nor to any of us from his previous stop.

Vombatus and Double Down like this.
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, will be interesting to see the Venn Diagram of people who totally believe the allegations against Charlie Rose, but think the Roy Moore stuff is #fakenews, despite like, um, same outlet doing the reporting and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.