1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thought he got a pass?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I’m just saying that’s not just “womanizing.”

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Probably not. @YankeeFan thinks that's getting a pass, though.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

Scenario A: Hypothetical Board Liberal is asked about Al Franken/Bill Clinton/Lena Dunham/Harvey Weinstein/Anthony Weiner, pivots to Roy Moore/Donald Trump.

Scenario B: YankeeFan is asked about Roy Moore/Donald Trump, pivots to Al Franken/Bill Clinton/Harvey Weinstein/Anthony Weiner.

Both happen dozens of times a week. Why is A acceptable but B infuriating?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Anthony Weiner is in jail. Weinstein's on his way, and I haven't seen anyone defend him at all. Lena Dunham? You've got to be a serious right-wing crank to give a shit about her. Al Franken is on course to resign from the Senate before we open our presents. Bill Clinton hasn't been President in going on 17 years. So who cares about him besides the right and professional arguers like yourself? Trump's the fucking President. Moore's on the ballot in three weeks. Forget the merits/demerits of their various sins. Some are more timely than others.

WCIBN, swingline, matt_garth and 10 others like this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I’ll believe Franken resigns when I see it. The level of support for him has been disappointing

Dick Whitman likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Very well played, sir.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

You keep saying something along these lines like it’s some kind of insult. I’m not Skip Bayless. I believe in what I argue.

Anyway, the point was: I have no clue why @YankeeFan gets under some of your skins so bad. Is it that horrible to have to debate a conservative? Grow a pair, for God’s sake. What a bunch of whiners.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Today's accuser will cut into that support.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I will say, as much as YF and I disagree about politics, I enjoy the sparring. He a slippery arguer (as one has to be when defending this dumpster fire of an administration) but the arguments are fun. He rarely gets under my skin. There is some room for agreement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.