1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don’t think Franken is resigning either.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He doesn’t debate shit. He’s s partisan twit whose debate skills extend to whataboutism. Unless he’s undergone a major change in the six months that I’ve had him on ignore.

WCIBN, melock and jr/shotglass like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dick, I would never say you're our Skip Bayless. You're 1000 times as smart at a minimum. But I don't think you should deny you enjoy arguing. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ah, OK. I thought it implied I didn’t believe in what I was arguing. I do!

I do enjoy it, not least of all that it’s the best way I learn.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

PS: As long as I'm here, time for a Skip Bayless story, told to me over 30 years ago by a Texas writer. NBA goes to Dallas. Skip goes to first NBA game. Has to write running. Sensibly asks for help. Other reporter says, "the basket gets scored, write down who scored it and look at the clock to see when." First basket scored, Skip looks at his watch and writes down "8:14."

lcjjdnh, melock, Big Circus and 4 others like this.
  6. Dick Whitman

When my son was born, the doctor says, “What is it, Dad?” I automatically look at the clock and announce, “1:32!” That’s what 10 years of keeping running will do. I was quickly asked to check instead whether I was the parent of a son or daughter.

7. Dick Whitman

Your loss. He’s like having a pitching machine that cranks up to 95. You’ll be ready for anything a conservative partisan hack hits you with.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

Ready? Why would I want to be ready? I don’t engage with partisan hacks, I ignore them bc they’re partisan hacks

WCIBN and melock like this.
  9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I wish someone would take a close look to see if the real story behind the Uranium One deal is that the Russians agreed to burn the files they have on Vince Foster's murder, which Hillary obviously did.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

With all those you must have on blast, you gotta see, what, five or six messages a day on here.

11. CD Boogie

Yankee is literally the only person I have on ignore.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We need to define how we want to use the term "people ignored", because there are two ways it's done.

A. The literal way. Which no one did, as all these sundry subjects were discussed at length and for many years.

B. The ballot box way, where these people keep getting reelected in spite of their moral failings, because there always is some rationalization to make it OK. In essence, their failings were ignored by voters.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.