1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman reveals that Al Franken sexually assaulted her while he was in office

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 20, 2017.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's what I heard all the time from people when it was Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton and others who were hacked and had their nudies sent around the web -- shouldn't have taken them if you didn't want everyone to see them.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And people who said that were wrong.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I though we were told it was wrong to look at them.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

lmao
    That’s insane. But for Trump’s undersecretary to th American Nazi Party, YF was predictable.

Good job on the UN vote YF
    US one of only three countries to vote against UN resolution condemning glorification of Nazism

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I don't know, unless he is found to have voted against gay rights while holding himself up as some moral example, and promoting marriage between a man and woman--because of his "morality"--then I can't see that he did anything wrong.

I see there is not much question about it here, will be interesting to see how or if it plays out in the real world.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  7. heyabbott

He’s a vote for the Koch Brothers and against abortion and against the government giving money to widows, children and orphans. He’s a reliable conservative. He could shoot a brown baby on the Capitol Steps and still be re-elected.

lakefront likes this.
  8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I resemble this remark.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The author doesn’t get it. We’re supposed to give Al credit for not issuing a blanket denial.

He’s a better man for it, and is using this as a learning opportunity.

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) has waded into the murky waters of trying to apologize for inappropriately touching women — while asserting that he didn't intentionally do anything wrong. And yet Franken hasn't denied any of the accusations against him, leaving the door open to the possibility that he is a serial groper.

In one week, reports have surfaced of four women accusing Franken of inappropriately touching them. Three women have said that while he was campaigning or was a sitting senator, he grabbed their buttocks while they posed for photos. (The two most recent accusations came from anonymous women who shared their stories with the HuffPost in a story published Wednesday.)

In response to the past three accusations, Franken has said he didn't remember the specific events, much less his accusers. And in an apology to his constituents on Thanksgiving, he suggested his accusers got it wrong. Here's part of Franken's response:

“I’m a warm person; I hug people. I’ve learned from recent stories that in some of those encounters, I crossed a line for some women — and I know that any number is too many.”
    Is it possible that Franken simply doesn't remember these incidents, and that's why he's offering hedged apologies? Sure. But that doesn't clear up the broader question of whether this is a habit of Franken's. His hands have either grabbed women's private body parts multiple times without their consent, or they haven't.

10. heyabbott

Is Trump still the leader in the clubhouse with the number of women and children raped, assaulted and molested?

Draft saved Draft deleted