1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wonder how long the line at Mueller's door will be now that leaked?

2. Neutral Corner

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Flynn's so high up the food chain, I don't think so. Most likely he's fingering Jared. Would the young shit sell out his father-in-law? Not right away, probably.

4. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I think this is a great point, but would a paywall for everything mean the advantage swings back to "serious" outlets or will everyone just double down on their bias of choice and further block out opposing views?

(Also, nice to see you back in the politics thread.)

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Damn. In full Kill Bill mode.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I use Google for many things - email, online file and photo storage. Without net neutrality, Verizon could block my access to it in an attempt to get me to use Yahoo.

So it will depend on your ISP. It could decide that if you want to read the NYT or stream FNC, it will cost an extra $10 per month.

7. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

And if that happened, you could use Sprint, or TMobile, or AT&T, or some other ISP yet created. Seems like this will be a great market opportunity for an entrepreneur if all of these currently existing companies are going to block access to Google.

8. Neutral Corner

Or to be more profitable, if you watch Netflix over your ISP, that's an extra $15 a month.

9. Neutral Corner

That assumes that you have more than one option for your home internet. Few people do.

Once the mobile services can feed home wifi at speeds comparable to home cable things will be different, but until then they have you.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You think established ISPs are going to let these hypothetical start-ups use their infrastructure?

I live in a city of 80k. My options are Cox and U-Verse for high-speed Internet at home. If they decide to go tiered like TV providers, people are going to be stuck with no options.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Why didn't they try to pull that stunt when there previously was no "net neutrality"?

12. Neutral Corner

Because they didn't have to? Because they hadn't thought of it? Because the technology wasn't there yet? Because it was before cord cutting hurt their subscriber numbers? Because it was before someone figured out that Papa John's would pay the ISP to keep their speed high while throttling internet connections to Pizza Hut to a trickle?

Kato and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.