1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Justin_Rice

Again: When was the time net neutrality wasn't a thing?

Way back in the day, did AOL charge you more for packets sent from Yahoo.com?

3. Justin_Rice

I live on a major street in the city of Fredericksburg, a good size suburb of D.C., located right between Washington and Richmond.

I have exactly one high-speed option.

4. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Perhaps there would be more investment in the absence of net neutrality...

And, in any event, wireless service is getting better and better, creating even more competition for incumbents.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The War on Christmas is apparently still on. Sad.

6. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

And somehow that happened even in the absence of government regulation. Who’d have thunk it?

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

My life would be better with net neutrality. Why would I benefit from it being repealed?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Justin_Rice

During the period you’re speaking, Comcast had no incentive to rent seek on the back of content providers.

Should the water company be able to charge you differently, based on how you plan to use the water from your tap?

Should the power company be able to charge different depending on which device you’re powering?

Should the gas company be allowed to charge you based on your particular brand of water heater?

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The internet of tomorrow ... this wonderful thing that everyone wants and no one wants to pay for.

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Republicans say they should be able to charge you whatever they want, However they want. Like charging $100 for a case of water after a disaster, that is capitalism.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, please, like no one pays for their internet service. I don't object to paying for my service. If I had access to nice fast fiber optic cable I'd pay even more. If the government hadn't handed out geographical monopolies I'd likely pay less, but I'd still pay for a product I want and need.

I object to the cable company making side deals with corporations or advertisers and altering the service I pay for in response to their contracts with them. I pay for internet access I choose, not for the internet service that the ISP chooses to give me based on who pays them the most to alter my internet access.

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.