1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Friedman's story was a disgrace that has been roundly criticized by every Middle East expert I know about. The "reformer" crown prince is currently torturing imprisoned opponents and running a campaign of war crimes in Yemen. Let me note the Yemen disgrace was countenanced by the Obama administration as well as by Trump.

SnarkShark likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes, he’s getting hammered for it by the far left.

Did the same people hammer him when he was praising the autocratic rule in China?

The fact is, MBS is the best hope for that region in a very long time. He has a chance to be one of the most transformational people of the 21st century. If he can reform Saudi Arabia, he will transform Islam.

We’ve been waiting for this.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That’s at least the second time that analysis piece has been linked. I remain unconvinced that ending net neutrality would not further benefit the wealthy and powerful at the general expense of the poor and disadvantaged. That there may be marginal benefits to a two-percenter like me in whatever “innovations” come to pass doesn’t overcome my sense that it will exacerbate inequality overall and be detrimental to the common good.

What is the great argument in favor of ending net neutrality? Nobody has explained in any convincing way why it would be so good for consumers. Should we just blindly believe opening this area for business to exploit will improve the mystical “standard of living” for all classes of citizen?

4. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Your “sense”? LOL. Some solid economic analysis there.

5. YankeeFan

I’m starting to sense a pattern.

[​IMG]

6. YankeeFan

Uncle Joe better get busy.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

Sure, let’s continue to have this guy working on Capitol Hill every day while an investigation takes place.

That would be normal in any workplace, right?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Democrats have offered a pawn and a bishop for your king. Why won't you accept their generosity?

10. YankeeFan

Good gosh, is he full of shit. It’s not that his behavior was inappropriate, it’s that some women found his behavior inappropriate.

This is a guy who knows more accusations are coming.

“I’ve met tens of thousands of people and taken thousands of photographs, often in crowded and chaotic situations. I’m a warm person; I hug people. I’ve learned from recent stories that in some of those encounters, I crossed a line for some women — and I know that any number is too many.

“Some women have found my greetings or embraces for a hug or photo inappropriate, and I respect their feelings about that. I’ve thought a lot in recent days about how that could happen, and recognize that I need to be much more careful and sensitive in these situations. I feel terribly that I’ve made some women feel badly and for that I am so sorry, and I want to make sure that never happens again.

“And let me say again to Minnesotans that I’m sorry for putting them through this and I’m committed to regaining their trust.”

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I’ve been trying to indulge you here, chief. Why is eliminating net neutrality good for people? You haven't begun to convince me that a change from the status quo is beneficial to a wide swath of consumers. “Trust The Invisible Hand” doesn’t cut it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You'll never guess what he did today. Not in a million years, or the ninth inning of a Yankees-Red Sox game, whatever ends first:

Trump golfs 'quickly' with Tiger Woods and Dustin Johnson

EDIT: d_b's Della's post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.