1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

"Trust government regulation" or "Beware evil companies" is no more appealing as a piece of evidence than "Trust The Invisible Hand." Setting aside that it's not even clear the FCC had the legal authority to impose net neutrality in the manner that it did--which, regardless of your political views, should be reason alone to be a bit concerned--the potential (although not certain) benefits have been stated numerous times in this thread: it may help increase investment (particularly in rural areas) and perhaps will encourage service providers to offer different types of packages, some of which will no doubt be more appealing to the low-income consumers you profess to care so much about it.

Seriously, it's worth reading the piece from the Progressive Policy Institute in full, if you're actually interested in this topic. It actually, you know, tries to provide evidence in support of its view, rather than just relying on the intuitions of a random message board poster.

http://www.progressivepolicy.org/wp...r_The-Best-Path-Forward-on-Net-Neutrality.pdf

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The only person here saying Biden is the front-runner is you. You'll pardon the Democrats in this country if they think you might not be the best person to pick the Democratic nominee for the next presidential election.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You grabbed women’s asses and tried to stick your tongue down their throats.

You didn’t make them “feel badly”.

4. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

And, again, I'm not even necessarily saying I'm opposed to net neutrality--if anything, I'm more inclined to support it. But I'm not seeing any of these supporters on this thread try to marshal evidence to rebut any of the arguments made by the other side.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sheesh ... did you just blow by that “50 Big City Mayors!”? If you don’t consider that evidence, I don’t know what’s wrong with you ...

lcjjdnh likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm holding off until I see what 4 out of 5 dentists surveyed say.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Here's what I want to know, and I suspect you're the guy to ask: Which carriers are most likely to jack monthly rates?

8. tapintoamerica

Governor Walker. What a strange and presumptuous name to give a baby boy.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Why would you think I’d be the guy to ask? I don’t know. I’d assume the ones that have little to no competition. But their “jacking the rates” isn’t really the issue. Preferential treatment of data, that’s the concern.

10. tapintoamerica

Hey, I'm sure it was an early-morning meeting.
    Firing and re-hiring? Isn't that common in settlements involving members of Congress? Part of the convoluted process if I remember correctly. Why do I suspect this guy has made multiple deals?

11. tapintoamerica

I sort of assumed you were a professor of economics or business of some sort.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

From the story....

Sloan made clear that she did not feel she had ever been sexually harassed, but that she felt “mistreated by this guy.”

So according to this woman Conyers is a jerk and not easy to work with. By all means run him out. LOL. He may very well have sexually harassed women but apparently not this woman. Remind me why you posted this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.