1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

0EAB2149-88EE-431B-9253-05FDA0359403.jpeg

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

These jackasses can’t even tell the truth about Thanksgiving dessert.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We need some investigations into Piegate.

4. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

So...it sounds like this is a long way of saying you don't have any rebuttal evidence, but you're nonetheless "convinced." Fair enough.

5. lcjjdnh

You know, there was a time when some thought the only way to ensure free speech was to require newspapers to give right-of-reply when they printed a political editorial or endorsement. Should we assume all the Net Neutrality folks on the board would have been proponents of that, too? Why shouldn't people of all viewpoints have had the right to use one of the few forms of mass communication to reach consumers? Barriers to entry were high in the newspaper business, too.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I stated exactly why I’m against ending net neutrality and why I think the reasoning given in support of ending it is typical vague “let the market regulate itself” bullshit. I also noticed you haven’t even ventured an opinion, most likely because you’re not smart enough to have one. I’ve humored you enough today, asshole.

7. cranberry

And this is insipid.

8. lcjjdnh

I posted earlier today a paper from the Progressive Policy Institute that analyzed previous regulatory action and appeared to suggest that, in this case, it might not be "bullshit" at all. You didn't address that. You just addressed strawman arguments by using some blustery words and your own "feelings."

If I'm "not smart enough" and an asshole because I like to weigh evidence and arguments on both sides before forming an opinion, so be it.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It’s stolen. The background alone gives it away. But it’s not from PBS, so —#FakeNews!

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, life was fine before net neutrality.

11. cranberry

Ok. Let us know when you work up the brain power to formulate an opinion about an issue that’s been very much in the news the last three years.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.