1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nonpartisan economic groups evaluating the GOP tax plan overwhelmingly indicate middle and lower class taxes will ultimately go up. So, yes, that happened.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yeah but it can be a bad choice.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Had I been of age, I'd have voted for Carter over Ford in 1976. And I'd have been wrong. Carter had majorities in both houses but was so arrogant that he screwed it all up.
    Ford was a really good man. I've learned a lot about him in the last few years. Don't think the Iranian hostage crisis happens under his watch.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

And the debt-to-GDP ratio is about to explode, too, ensuring their ignorant offspring will face increasing economic burdens, as well.

So it’s a good thing they’ll at least have healthcare ... oh wait.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They voted FOR TRUMP. Trump voters wanted what he’s cooking. They want the divisiveness, the return of the Christian white man who’s large and in charge. The politically incorrect speech but more tha that they want to act politically incorrectly. They wanted redistribution to the top, unfettered economic freedom for the richest.
    Trump is marginally more shallow than anticipated, but he is exactLy what his voters wanted, right down to supporting pedophiles as long as they are anti abortion and pro tax cuts for the rich and Repeal Obamacare.

Trump said he could kill a man on 5th Avenue and he would not lose a supporter and that’s the last true thing he said, it might have been the 1st as well.

Be proud of being a Nazi loving, pedophilia loving, Klan loving adulterer. You wanted it, you are it.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Well, of course it is. Ford didn't run in 1980. He was four years retired by then.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That might have been Carter's weakness, foreign affairs. Was the best response to the Ruskies invading Afghanistan to keep the shot putters and gymnasts home for the Olympics? Well, the Russians did withdraw ... 30 years later.

This from someone who voted for Anderson with his first presidential vote in 1980 and has only seen the candidate he voted for win twice: Obama.

8. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I think you start off with a decent summary of the kind of ardent Trump supporter who changes their Twitter name to "Deplorable Steve," and the 5th Avenue quote is fair game for many of those folks. The last two sentences are just absurd in my eyes. I mean, do you really think anybody on this board really and truly loves Nazis, pedophiles, or the Klan? In the abstract, everyone seems to acknowledge presidential politics as having devolved to a perpetual choice between the lesser of two evils. Just because one side rationalizes their choice doesn't mean they embody everything about their candidate. I shudder at the notion of voting for Donald Trump. But there are plenty of people smarter than me who felt the same way about Hillary Clinton. I don't get it, but I also don't think that we can automatically lump almost half of the population into the camp of devoted Nazis. I mean, if someone called you those things based on lukewarm or de facto support of something do you think you'd say 'You know what, you're right, I am a Nazi!" or do you think they'd be more likely to double down on a flawed line of thinking when it becomes a hyper partisan binary choice?

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Mick Mulvaney as acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is like the fox guarding the henhouse.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

“Anyway, here are the owns ...”

Ugh.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm sure we have a few people on this board who are sympathetic to the clan and pedophiles. Nazis probably not, but they've always been a small group who thrives when they can put their enemies against the people who don't realize what they are defending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.