1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I see we're being visited by "We're Both Writers" Dick.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Jeez ... when will all this gaslighting end? There are (insert) apologists here who must be called out!

3. typefitter

You're bringing my relationship with my kids into this? You are an awful person. You're fucking polio.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You asked.

5. typefitter

Well, at least everyone can see who @YankeeFan really is now, if they still had any doubts. That might be the scummiest, most cynical, most insincere piece of work I've seen here. I almost can't believe it.

I still ain't leaving.

melock and WCIBN like this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You don’t get it. I’m not fighting with you. I’m not angry with you. I’m not competing with you to be “popular” here.

You think I don’t “know” you? Fine. But, I get why you’re angry, and it’s ok. It’s going to take time.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This place has been important to your life? Oh, please tell me more. I had no idea that was possible. I'm just some guy on a message board.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I have been the No. 1 proponent of leaving kids and spouses out of the dick measuring around here. That was YF's daemon post.

9. typefitter

Even @QYFW knows what you did there (and I appreciate that honesty, @QYFW). Jesus Christ, man.

And for the record, I've big-timed people here about their careers, including that @daemon post, which I regret. I've never gone after families or family situations and never would.

I'm actually in a kind of shock.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I suggest the ignore button for a while, maybe just a day or 2. A poster or 2. The place is just as good and in some ways better.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I’d be remiss if I didn’t say how vital this place was for me when dealing — at the same time — with my dad’s stroke and death, along with my wife’s difficult pregnancy, and my daughter’s health issues.

And, the best part was, that it want just my friends who supported me, and checked in on me. It was also folks like @cranberry, @Amy, and @MisterCreosote, who I often spar with, who I heard from so often.

I get it. This place can be great.

And, I hope people feel free to be open and honest here. It’s what leads to the outpouring of support.

When folks act like everything is great, while they’re in pain, they rob themselves of the support that is here, waiting for them.

So, maybe a first kiss is exhilarating, and fist bump to everyone who’s gotten one in the last year. But, if you’re only here for the first bumps, you’re missing out.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.