1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'll be a broken record again here. As always, it takes true cowardice to hide behind the button while lobbing shots at the posters you claim to have on ignore.

2. outofplace

The rest SHOULD be silence. Instead, it is more of YF speaking from the wrong end of his anatomy.

3. outofplace

It's not surprising, but it is out of line. YF has taken shots at people's personal lives and careers before, then he goes back to his Eddie Haskell routine.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm done, for now at least. I'm literally going to take my kids to the arcade on this cold, grey day, and then out for their favourite dinner.

@YankeeFan, I hope you're pleased with today's self-reveal. It's sometimes hard to see defining moments when you're in the middle of one, but in case you're in doubt: This is one for you, and it will be for a long time.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That's a Diet Pepsi, BTW.

melock likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

@Riptide constantly took shots at my relationship with my wife here and taunted me about my dead father over PM.

And he was one of @typefitter ‘s best board buddies.

It can be interesting to see how selective that ethics can be.

Human nature, I know.

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

As is your custom, you have made connections that exist only in your mind. If @Riptide did that, he was wrong. I never have, on the board or in PMs, and if you're being honest, you'll admit that. I was also the one who told you to delete the thread about your friend's sex life, because I could figure out who you were talking about, and I could see people using that against you. If you're being honest, you'll admit that, too.

Now I really do have to go pick up my kids, because I still have a daily relationship with them.

8. Dick Whitman

It’s always interesting what you see and what you somehow happen to miss.

And, also: Please. You two PMed each other names to call me. Don’t play dumb.

I’m not interested in maintaining this stupid feud. Or any feud. Your intense dislike of me is one of the strangest things I’ve ever encountered, honestly.

But you also don’t get to make up rules as it suits you.

9. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly what you thought you were trying to accomplish with this post, but I hope that you simply badly misfired, rather than that you actually thought it appropriate to appoint yourself the deliverer of public "tough love" by bringing up another poster's divorce and "daily relationship" with their children.

It seems to me that you tried to walk it back some in a later post by citing your own (legitimate) family and personal issues, as if that justified airing someone else's.

Just my opinion, for whatever it's worth.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I’d hate to see anyone use my post to justify @riptide’s behavior.

I’d also hate for anyone, and for @typefitter most of all, to think I was criticizing him as a parent or a husband. I don’t doubt that he’s anything less than a devoted and loving father. I only meant that a divorce, especially one where kids are involved, is tough. I feel for anyone going through that, regardless of the circumstances or specifics, and I did not mean to assume more than I should have.

Songbird likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. Dick Whitman

Your post wasn’t any different than when @typefitter explained to @lakefront that he supported my decision to take a job closer to home to have more family time. The board’s ostensibly a current events and journalism forum, but we do talk about our lives at times.

I don’t know. @YankeeFan was attempting to be sincere and empathetic to a guy who has spent the last two weeks calling him every name in the book, unprovoked.

I say we call it a well-intentioned misstep and get back to Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.