1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 5.28.20 PM.png

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This kind of talk seems a bit misplaced on this thread.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think if me, @typefitter and @YankeeFan ever got together for real life beers, it’d be a helluva good time.

I ain’t driving, though. Been there!

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You really can't see the difference between what he did and what YF just did? You have a serious blind spot for that guy.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

@typefitter has made a cottage industry for himself taking shots at people’s careers, their legal entanglements, and so on - whatever he can weaponize in a pinch. And he gets to do it without fear of any repurcussions here. I guess this is where he drew the line. Fair enough. But my heart doesn’t exactly bleed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never said it should and I'm not defending him. I'm talking about YF crossing the line and trying to cover his tracks.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The lack of sincerity that is being displayed here is astonishing.

The problem with the rhetoric that you're using here is that it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Random thought that occurred to me when catching up on this thread: Speaking of personal lives on the board, YF, how is your daughter’s health? Haven’t seen anything on her in a while, which I hope is a “no news is good news” situation.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She’s doing really well, thanks.

She’s 20 months old now. She’s a happy, active girl. She loves to read. She likes to run and climb. She laughs a lot, and talks more every day.

We still use her feeding tube to give her water and medicine, because she aspirates if we give her something as thin as water. But she eats solid food, and can drink smoothies and watered down puréed food.

We need to get another swallow study scheduled to see if this has improved. Long term, she should, hopefully, not need the feeding tube at all.

Here she is at UVA in May, and at the Louvre earlier this month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Best freaking news I've seen here ever. You can't stop her; you can only hope to contain her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.